Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!



What a great few days....I think we have been celebrating Valentine's Day since last Thursday. Fun, fun! We had Vday parties at school last Thursday (always super fun), that night I had a swap party (have to explain this), Saturday we had a birthday party that was Vday themed (so sweet) and then last night at Church we had our Valentine's Banquet. They were all a huge hit and so much fun.
To elaborate about the swap party......SO you brought about 10 items from your home that you didn't want anymore. When you arrived at the hostess's home she arranged everything accordingly in one room and then you drew a number. We all brought sweet snacks to munch on...so yummy! The hostess had tables set up in her living room for us to make our families Vday cards. I mean loads of fun stuff. Scrapbook paper, ribbon, stickers/stamps, glitter letters, fun scissors and so on.....amazing! We went in order with which ever number we drew. You got to go pick 2 items at a time that you wanted. It was great. It was all private if you wanted and no pressure. We just SWAPED! I love my new treasures in my home. Thank you Ashley for such a great evening!
Today was just beautiful weather. We spent a lot of time outside. When Micah got home we took the girls on the Nature Walk in the neighborhood. it is so pleasant and peaceful. The girls loved all their Vday cards and gifts. They received mail and packages today. Super exciting...of course!
I must add...Micah gave me the sweetest card this year. It made me tear up. I love you, Babe! You are so special to me.
Happy Valentine's Day!

0 comments: